Pick Your Topic
Daily Current Affairs & GK Updates | 23rd October 2k17 Current Affairs | Trending Searches 23rd Oct 2017
Current GK has the immense importance for the aspirants preparing for the various competitive exams. It is essential to keep updated
yourself with current affairs. And no book in the market covers all the day to day current affairs events. So, here we are with the solution. Indiajobsdekho.com will provide you all the important events and news of the day.
We have the best collection of the Top 170+ GK Questions, Current Affairs Quiz Question & Answers. You guys can also collect the Objective Questions, placement papers. We have also provided the online study materials for the upcoming competitive exams. Hence, be ready for the Upcoming Exams like IBPS, SBI, PSC, Civil Exams, PO, Clerk, Specialist Officer etc, SSC Exams, Railway Exams, UPSC, Medical, Police Defence Exam, RBI Exam, Upcoming IBPS Exam, SSC CHSL Exam, SSC CGL Exam. We keep updating our page on the hourly basis, so keep visiting our page indiajobsdekho.com for all the daily current issue.
Here we have all the important updates for the 23rd October 2017
Today`s Current Affairs & GK Updates for 23rd October 2017
India wins 2017 Asia Cup hockey title
India won 2017 Asia Cup hockey title by defeating Malaysia in the final match held in Dhaka, Bangladesh by 2-1 score. It was India’s overall third Asia Cup title and earlier it had won it in 2003 and 2007.
For India goals were scored by Ramandeep Singh (3rd minute) and Lalit Upadhyay (29th). For Malaysia single goal was scored by Shahril Saabah (50th minute). Pakistan won the bronze medal by defeating South Korea by 6-3 score in third-fourth place play-off match.
PM launches South Asia’s first Ro-Ro ferry service in Gujarat
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated first phase of Ro-Ro (roll-on, roll-off) ferry service between Ghogha in Bhavnagar district and Dahej in Bharuch district in the Gulf of Cambay, Gujarat. It is South Asia’s first world-class Ro-Ro ferry service.
The Ro-Ro ferry services are vessels made to carry wheeled cargo (such as cars, trucks, semi-trailer trucks, trailers, and railroad cars) that are driven on and off a ferry on their own wheels or using a platform vehicle. It is opposite of lift-on and lift-off (lo-lo) vessels which use crane to load and unload cargo.
Sri Lankan Coast Guard commissions OPV SURAKSHA gifted by India
Sri Lankan Coast Guard has commissioned Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) SURAKSHA gifted by India at Colombo port. It is first OPV of Sri Lankan Coast Guard.
Sri Lankan Coast Guard Ship (SLCGS) Suraksha earlier belonged to Indian Coast Guard (ICG) and was known as Varuna. It was officially handed over to Sri Lanka Navy at a ceremony held at Kochi Port in India in September 2017.
Denmark Open: Kidambi Srikanth wins third Super Series title
India’s ace shuttler Kidambi Srikanth (World No. 8) won US $750,000 Denmark Open title of badminton in the men’s single category. In the final match, he defeated South Korea’s Lee Hyun II by 21-10, 21-5 score. It was Kidambi Srikanth’s third Super Series Premier title in 2017 season after winning Singapore Super Series title and Indonesia Super Series Premier title.
HRD Ministry pushes for cash-free campuses
The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) is aiming to make financial transactions completely digital in all higher education institutions. Under this initiative, all public and private institutions including Central and State universities will be fully digitized.
The HRD Ministry is aiming to fully digitize all campus processes including admissions, assessments, result declaration. Moreover, all canteens and business establishments on campus are also encouraged to resort to digital modes using e-wallets by linking the bank accounts with Aadhaar.
Today`s GK Questions 23rd October 2017 | Top Trending GK Questions Oct 23rd, 2k17
1. Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana is launched by which of the following states?
A. Madhya Pradesh
B. Uttar Pradesh
2. What is the capital of Lebanon?
3. Which of the following has declared years 2020 as ‘Unique Year for Space Sector’?
4. In which year Prime Minister Narendra Modi confirmed the use of fertilizer & new techniques will help in doubling farmers’ income?
5. Which city the Union Government to organize Global Ayurveda meet?
6. Where is the headquarters of African Development Bank situated?
A. Praia, Cape Verde
B. Jacinda Ardern
C. Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
D. Rabat, Morocco
7. Who recently (Oct-2017) received the 2017 World Food Prize Award?
A. Akinwunmi Adesina
B. Robert Mwanga
C. Fazle Hasan Abed
D. Sanjaya Rajaram
8. Name the Sun-like star has been named after a Greek mythological character, Titan as it has consumed its own planets.
9. Which City to get 2 new Sewage Treatment plants before March for Clean Ganga Process?
10. TU142M aircraft museum’s foundation stone was laid in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh in October 2017. The aircraft being mentioned here belongs to which of the following countries?
11. World Health Organization (WHO) on 21 October 2017 named Robert Mugabe as ‘goodwill ambassador’. Robert Mugabe is the president of which country?
D. South Africa
12. “Beyond The Dream Girl,” Hema Malini’s Biography is authored by
A. Ram Pratap Mukherjee
B. Ram Narayan Mukherjee
C. Ram Nath Mukherjee
D. Ram Kamal Mukherjee
13. Which of the following has become the first state to implement coal utilization between power units in the country? The power developers will receive cheap coal for selling coal-based power at less than Rs 2.82 a unit.
A. Uttar Pradesh
C. Madhya Pradesh
14. According to scientists, which lake is named as the world’s deepest- is in peril?
A. Caspian Sea
B. Lake Baikal
C. Lake Balkhash
D. The Great Salt Lake
15. For Which Union Government sets up expert group for suggestions recently?
A. National Competition Policy
B. National Policy on Electronics
C. National Water Policy.
D. Artificial Intelligence policy
16. Who launched an excel-based offline tool to file initial GSTR-3B Returns?
A. Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN)
B. Telenor India
C. Tata Teleservices
D. MTS India
17. According to a report by The Lancet Commission on pollution and health, which country ranked number 1 in terms of pollution-related deaths?
18. Which country recently (Oct-2017) passed its first budget since 2005?
19. Bharat 22 is an ETF that will track the performance of 22 stocks the govt plans to pare its stake in. The full form of the term ETF is
A. Exchange Transferred Fund
B. Externally Traded Fund
C. Exchange Traded Fund
D. Exchange Tailored Fund
20. Which organization has recently revealed that Planet Nine does exist in the Solar System?
B. European Space Agency