How to Score 40+ In English In SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam | Best Strategy to Score 40 plus In CGL Pre Exam | Smart Way to Prepare English For SSC CGL | How to Prepare English For SSC CGL preliminary Examination | Best Way to Score Good in SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam, 2018
SSC CGL Tier-1 2017 is coming very soon, as it is re-scheduled to held from 5th august to 24th of august. Here, in this article we are going to discuss the strategy to prepare English for SSC CGL tier-1 exam.
As we all know most of the students face problem in English section, and we all know the importance of English section in SSC CGL tier-1 exam as well as in whole selection process. English contributes 50 numbers in SSC CGL tier-1 examination and 200 marks in SSC CGL tier-2 exam. It means English contributes about 40% in SSC CGL examination.
Here in this article we focus on how to prepare and score 40+ in English section in SSC CGL tier-1 examination. Most of the students are goof in mathematics and reasoning but face problem in attempting English as it is the most avoided and least prepared section.
This section can not be mastered in a day. But for SSC CGL tier-1 exam, if you give time to English consistently then this section is a scoring section and consumes less time as well compared to Quant and Reasoning section.
The difficulty level of English section in CGL examination are easy to moderate over the years. This section can be widely divided in four categories for SSC CGL tier-1 examination:
In this section questions are asked in forms of sentence arrangement, fill in the blanks and sentence improvement.
- Spotting Error – 3 questions (6 Marks)
- Fill in the blank –3 questions (6 Marks)
- Sentence Correction – 5 questions (10 Marks)
Tips to prepare & attempt Grammar in SSC CGL Pre
- Spotting Error – to solve these problems read carefully the given statement, in most of the cases you are able to find error in first go. To master this section you must carefully study, subject-verb-agreement and tense topics.
Daily habit of reading and ample amount of practice of problems is the key to score good in spotting error.
- Fill in the blank – Read carefully the given statement and try to eliminate not appropriate choices from options. Fill the most appropriate option and again read the sentence in order to ensure that you filled the right answer. If you find the statement smooth then probably your answer is right. To master this sectio please go through Prepositions & phrasal verbs.
- Sentence Correction – Read the given statement carefully and try to spot grammatical error. And the read each option carefully and find most correct grammatical option which also satisfies the given statement.
In this section direct questions are asked from Synonyms and Antonyms, Idiom & Phrases, One Word Substitution, spellings.
- Synonyms – 1 question (2 Marks)
- Antonyms – 1 question (2 Marks)
- Idioms/Phrases – 3 questions (6 Marks)
- Spelling Mistakes – 1question (2 Marks)
Questions from this section are very direct and least time taking. To prepare this section students are advise to go through all the vocab problems asked in previous year papers of SSC examinations. Reading newspaper and collecting vocab from newspaper is also helpful to great extent.
Again reading habit can help you to the great extent in this section. daily reading habit and practice passage and cloze test is the key to master this section. Reading habit will improve your understanding capacity and you are able to ans question quickly. Reading a standard English newspaper is highly recommended.
Also Searched : How to Score 40+ In English In SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam, Best Strategy to Score 40 plus In CGL Pre Exam, Smart Way to Prepare English For SSC CGL, How to Prepare English For SSC CGL preliminary Examination, Best Way to Score Good in SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam, 2017, Last minute strategy to prepare English for SSC CGL pre, How to master English section for SSC CGL 2017, Syllabus of English for SSC CGL tier 1 2017, englih syllabus for SSC CGL pre, How to sccroe 45+ in English section in SSC CGL 2017, best tips to score 40+ in English in SSC CGL pre exam , Awesome tips to score 40+ in English in SSC CGL, Strategy to attempt English section in SSC CGL, detailed syllabus of English for SSC CGL,
How to prepare SSC CGL 2018, Tips to crack SSC CGL 2018, Exam Pattern SSC CGL 2018, SSC CGL 2018