Indian Air Force Recruitment, 2017 | Apply Online For Flying Officer/Commissioned Officer Post | Indian Air Force
Notification For Flying Officer Post 2017 | Indian Air Force Notification For Commissioned Officer Post | IAF Latest Notification, 2017 | Indian Air Force Recruitment Eligibility | IAF Indian Air Force Recruitment Selection Procedure | How to apply IAF Indian Air Force Recruitment | Indian Air Force Recruitment Detailed Notification
Indian Air Force : Glory of India
The Indian Air Force, Glory of India was established on October 8 1932. Today, The Indian Air Force having completed the platinum jubilee of glorious service to the nation, is a modern and advanced force . Since from the beginning Indian Air Force is keeping pace with the demands of contemporary advancements, and at present stands as a reliable air power and counted among the world’s most professional services.
The Youth, who dreams to serve their nation since childhood can fulfill their dream by joining Indian Air Force.One can satisfy his/her quest to adventure by joining IAF. One can achieve one’s dream of flying or can serve their nation by joining ground duty staff. Indian Air Force release recruitment for various posts.
Indian Air Force Recruitment, 2017
To be a part of Indian Air Force is worth achieving in your life. Job in IAF gives the sense of responsibility and provide a adventurous life. Here is a good news for all the candidates who are looking forward to join IAF.
Recently Indian Air Force released a notification for the recruitment for the post of Commissioned Officer/Flying Officer vacancies for grant of Permanent Commission (PC) for men/Short Service Commission (SSC) for men & women in Flying and Meteorology Branch courses starting in July, 2018.
All the details of much awaiting Indian Air Force vacancy are given below :
The online form will be available from 5 August and last date to apply online is 31 august. All the details like eligibility criteria, education qualification, age limit, physical standards, visual standards, how to apply, selection process, syllabus and preparation tips are mentioned in this article.
IAF 2017 Vacancy Details
Name of Post : Commissioned officer
Name of Branch :
(1) Flying Duty
(2) Ground Duty (non-technical) – meteorology branch
|Start of Online Application Form||5th August 2017|
|Last date of Online Application||31st August 2017|
|Commencement of Course||July 2018|
Educational Qualification For Flying
- NCC Air wing senior division ‘C’ certificate acquired on or after 06 August 2015 is mandatory.
- Minimum of Sixty percent (60%) marks each in maths and physics at 10+2 level. And graduate with minimum three year degreen course in any discipline from a recognized university who have attained 60% marks or equivalent.
Or minimum of Sixty percent marks each in maths and physics at 10+2 level and BE/B. Tech degree (4 years course) with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
Or Cleared section A and B examination of associate membership of institute engineers (India) or aeronautical society of India from a recognized university with minimum sixty percent marks or equivalent are also eligible.
Educational Qualification For Ground Duty (Non-technical)
Post graduation degree in any science stream / mathematics / statistics / computer application / geography / environmental science / applied physics / oceanography / meteorology / agriculture meteorology / ecology and environment / geo-physics / environmental biology with minimum of 50 percent marks in aggregate of all papers put together ( provided maths and physics were studied at graduation level with a minimum of 55 percent marks in both).
Final Year Appearing Candidates
Candidates appearing in the final year/semester examinations may apply for this course but have to fulfill conditions given below :
- candidates should not have any present backlog. And should have secured a minimum of fifty percent (50%) marks in post graduation in aggregate in all papers put together. And a minimum of sixty percent (60%) in graduation or BE/B.Tech for flying branch upto the last semester at the time of applying AFSB.
- Candidates should be able to provide original/provisional certificate issued by university latest by 15 june 2018.
Note : In case the candidates are awarded CGPA/grades instead of marks, the conversion of CGPA/grades to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university from where they have obtained the degree. In case the respective university does nit have any scheme for converting CGPA/grades to percentage conversion certificate, CGPA will be converted into 10 points and multiplied by 10 to get equivalent percentage.
|Flying||20 to 24 years as on 01-07-2018 i.e. born between 02 July 1994 to 01 July 1998. (Both fates inclusive). Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current commercial pilot licence (CPL) issued by DGCA India is relax able upto 26 years i.e. born between 02 July 1992 ti 01 July 1998(both date inclusive).|
|Ground Duty (Non-Technical)||20 to 26 years as on 01 July 2018 i.e. born between 02-07-1992 to 01-07-1998 (Both dates inclusive).|
Note : Candidates below 25 years of ag must be unmarried ( term unmarried excludes widower and divorcee even though without encumbrances). marrig is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provide with married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
Height & Weight For Men and Women
|Ground Duty (Non-Technical)|
|Branch||maximum limit of refractive error||visual acuity error||color vision|
|Flying||Hypermetropla : +2.0 D Sph|
Manifest Myopia : nil
Retinoscopic myopia : -0.5 in any meridian permitted.
astigmatism : +0.75 D cyl (with +2.0 D max)
|Ground Duty (Non-Technical)||Hypermetropla : +2.0 D Sph|
Myopia : -3.5 D Sph
astigmatism : +-2.50 Cyl in any meridian
|Corrected visual acuity should be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/18 in the worse eye. Wearing of glasses will be compulsory.||CP-II|
Candidates whose application are submitted by due date wiil be called for testing at one of the AFSBs (Air Force Selection Boards) at Dehradun, Gandhinagar or Varanasi.The testing would consisting Three stages :
- Stage-1 : Picture prediction and discussion test on the first day. Stage-1 qualified aspirants would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the branch applied for. (stage-1 test is the screening test and candidates who qualify would undergo subsequent testing). Candidates who do not qualify screening test or fail to meet the eligibility are sent back on the first day itself.
- Stage-II : Psychological test, Group test and interview for next five days.
- For flying branch : Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS) would be administered to recommended aspirants only.
How to Apply
Desired aspirants who meet all the eligibility criteria can fill the online application form by login between 05-08-2017 to 31-08-2017 on the commission webite www.careerairforce.nic.in. candidates are advised to keep the relevent documents readily available. A scan copy of your recent color passport size photograph (size between 10 to 50KB). Candidates are advised to note down rhe registration no. for future purpose. Please take care of the details you are filling in the form, if any detail found incorrect thean your candidature will be failed at any stage of selection process. Submission of more than one application form result in cancellation of candidature.
Note :If candidates face any problem in filling the application form or any query regarding online application procedure may contact on toll free number 1800-11-2448 or phone 011-23010231 Extn 7610, 7645, or 7646. Query timing are 9.00am to 5.00pm monday to friday. or you may E-mail your quries at [email protected]
Training is scheduled to start in the first week of july 2018. Duration of training for Flying Branch is 74 weeks and durtion of Meteorology branch is 52 weeks at Air Force Academy.
candidates after admission to the Air Force Academy will not be permitted to appear for any interviw or examination after they have been finally selected for training in the Air Force Academy. No request for withdrawal of candidature from a candidate after he/she has submitted their application will be entertained under any circumstance.
Pay & Allowances
A flying officer will be entitled to pay Level 10in pay Matrix of 7th CPC and Military service pay. In addition to pay and allowances, officers will furnished with accommodation, comprehensive medical cover for self and dependents, canteen card and many more facilities.
Travel Allowance : candidates appearing for AFSB for first time will be provide to and fro travelling fare by the shortest route of AC tier-III.
Some important Points :
- Candidates should not have been convicted/arrested or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Permanent body tattoos are only allowed on inner face or forearm i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of body are not acceptable. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be allowed on a case to case basis.
- Candidates are advised to keep themselves in a good physical condition to adapt to physical training at AFA which encompasses running, swimming, rope climbing and other forms of physical training in which they would undergo necessary tests during training.