Kishori Shakti Yojana (KSY) for Adolescent Girls Notification
The Women and Child Development Ministry had started the Kishori Shakti Yojana (KSY) scheme for the empowerment of the adolescent girls of age between 11 to 18 years with concentrating on out-of-school girls. The scheme was launched in the year 2000-01.
This scheme gives importance on the nutritional and health status of the girls. The Kishori Shakti Yojana improving their various skills like life skills, home skills, and vocational skills. Apart from this, health education, nutritional and including sanitation, personal hygiene aspects are also granted to the girls under this project.
Under Kishori Shakti Yojana scheme, planned to support adolescent girls to improve their understanding, acquire skills, self-confidence which provide them to achieve a productive woman role in society.
The ICDS will provide the training tor the adolescent girls for literacy, numeracy skills, upgrade home-based, vocational skills, etc. Under this Kishori Shakti Yojana, proper guidance will be provided to the adolescent girls (11-18 Years).
All adolescent girls in the age group of 11 to 18 years and belonging to households whose income is below Rs.6400/- per annum in the rural areas will be eligible to receive further assistance under the Kishori Shakti Yojana.
Kishori Shakti Yojana (KSY) Objectives
The main aim of the government behind beginning this project are as follows:
- Providing required numeracy skills & literacy by the non-formal stream of education.
- Improvement of the health status & nutritional of adolescent girls (11-18 Years).
- Providing training to the adolescent girls for the growth of home-based and vocational skill.
- Giving help towards a desire for more understanding & social exposure.
- Improvement of awareness of health, nutrition, hygiene, and family welfare, home management, and child care.
Age Criteria to Apply for Kishori Shakti Yojana
All adolescent girls can apply for Kishori Shakti Yojana.
- Minimum age limit for KSY Scheme should be 11 years
- Maximum Age should not exceed for KSY Yojana is 18 years.
- Anganwadi operators who give guidance to adolescent girls are eligible to get assistance under Kishori Shakti Yojana.
Note: Girls should be the citizen of Arunachal Pradesh State.
Benefits of Kishori Shakti Yojana (KSY)
The adolescent girls don’t have much knowledge like education, health, personal hygiene, sanitation, etc. So via Kishori Shakti Yojana training, every knowledge they required will provide to them. Some of the benefits are given below.
- Complete knowledge of the health education, Nutritional regarding sanitation and personal hygiene aspects are provided to adolescent girls.
- Vocational training is provided to all the girls under this project.
- Under Kishori Shakti Yojana scheme, physical developmental and sex education is provided to the girls (11-18 Years).
Documents Needed for Kishori Shakti Yojana
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photograph
- BPL card (if possible)
- Birth certificate of girl beneficiary
- Income certificate
Procedure To Apply for Kishori Shakti Yojana (KSY)
All the eligible and the needy adolescent girls are eligible for this scheme, they can apply through process given below.
- Anganwadi Workers at village level
- Supervisor at circle level
- Child Development Project Officers at the block level
- Concerned District programme officer.
Contact Details for Kishori Shakti Yojana
- Candidates can contact Nearest Anganwadi Center.
- Contact to Anganwadi Helper or Anganwadi Teachers
- Girls can also contact to Nearest Department of Women and Child Development
- Block Development Officer
Recent Search: Department of Women and Child Development, Anganwadi Center, Block Development Officer, Kishori Shakti Yojana scheme, Kishori Shakti Yojana, Kishori Shakti Yojana training, KSY Yojana, KSY Scheme, KSY Project, KSY Yojana for adolescent girls, Kishori Shakti Yojana (KSY) for Adolescent Girls Notification, Kishori Shakti Yojana Apply now