Pick Your Topic
Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendras (PMMSK) Scheme – Mission For Protection & Empowerment of Women
Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Yojana :- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has introduced “Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Yojana” Protection & Empowerment of Women. Under this scheme, female power stations will be set up in 115 backward districts of the country. The Ministry of Women and Child Development launched this scheme under Umbrella Scheme “Mission for the Protection and Empowerment of Women“. The government has also approved the expansion of “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” scheme from 161 districts to 640 districts in the country. In this scheme the child sex ratio will also improve. Women power centers will be implemented at various levels at national level, at district level and at block level.
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has also approved a new scheme named ‘Mahila Shakti Kendra‘, which will empower rural women to create an environment through community participation, in which they realize their full potential. Addressing a press release, Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said, “CCEA approved the launch of umbrella scheme” Mission for the protection and empowerment of women “and a new scheme ‘Women Power Center‘.
प्रधान मंत्री महिला शक्ति केंद्र
सरकार ने “प्रधान मंत्री महिला शक्ति केंद्र (Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra)” योजना शुरू की है | इस योजना के अंतर्गत ग्रामीण महिलाओं को सामुदायिक भागीदारी के माध्यम से उन्हें सशक्त बनाया जाएगा ताकि वे अपनी पूरी क्षमता का अनुभव कर सकें | यह योजना Ministry of Women and Child Development के संरक्षण में लागू की गई है |
Main Objective of The Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Yojana
This scheme is part of the Umbrella Scheme of Women and Child Development Ministry “Mission for protection and empowerment for women“. The expansion of the mission scheme was approved by the Cabinet from 2017-18 to 2019-20. The financial outlay for the year 2017-18 to 2019-20 will be Rs. 3,636.85 crores, with a central share of about 3,084.96 crores.
The main objective of this scheme is to increase the care, protection and development of women across the country. Women Power Centers are the main objectives of the scheme to empower them through many initiatives in improving the sex ratio of the child, the childhood of the newborn, through the girl’s education and planning.
More Details About Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Yojana
- In the process of Mahila Shakti Kendra Yojana more than 3 lakh students of local colleges will be employed in this scheme.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, during his budget speech this year, had announced to set up such a women power station at 14 lakh Anganwadi centers and allocated Rs 500 crore for the scheme.
- In order to provide sexual harassment, medical, police, legal and psychological assistance under the Prime Minister’s Mahila Shakti Kendra Yojana, 150 stop centers will be set up.
- This scheme will also provide interface to women linked to women related to welfare schemes for women and child development.
- After successful implementation of 161 District Centers, efforts are being made to expand the Beti Padhao – Beti Bachao (BPBB).
- In addition, NCC / NSS candidates can also volunteer and contribute towards nation building.
- After this, a web based system will continually monitor the results-based activities of volunteers.
- Candidates will get the certificate for community service.
- The government will link these OSSC to women’s helpline (24 * 7) to ensure emergency and non-emergency responses to women.
This scheme will provide an interface for rural women to take advantage of their rights, contact the government and empower them through training and capacity building. Activities based on student volunteers will be monitored through web based system. Upon completion, certificates for community service will be displayed on the national portal for verification and can also be used as a resource for future participants.