Pick Your Topic
- 1 Combined Defence Services Examination (ll) 2017 | UPSC CDS Exam (II) 2017
- 2 Combined Defence Services Examination (ll) 2017
- 2.1 CDS Examination (I) 2018 : Exam Dates
- 2.2 UPSC CDS Exam (II) Vacancy Details
- 2.3 UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam (II) 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- 2.4 Application Fee for CDS (II) Exam 2017
- 2.5 How to Apply for CDS -II Exam 2017
- 2.6 CDS 2017 Exam Centres
- 2.7 UPSC CDS (II) Examination 2017 Scheme
- 2.8 Standard And Syllabus of CDS 2017 Examination
- 2.9 Intelligence And Personality Test CDS (II) 2017
- 2.10 Result of CDS (II) Written examination, 2017
Combined Defence Services Examination (ll) 2017 | UPSC CDS Exam (II) 2017
Union Public Service Commission
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is country’s central recruiting agency. UPSC is responsible for conducting examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. Government also consult to UPSC in matters relating to the appointment, Transfer, promotion and disciplinary matters. The commission report directly to the President of India and can advice the government through President.
Headquarter of UPSc is at Dholpur House in New Delhi and function through its own secretariat. Pro. David R. Syiemlieh is UPSC’s current chairman .
Combined Defence Services Examination
The UPSC conducts “Combined Defense Services” (CDS) exminations twice a year for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Indian Air Force Academy (IAFA) and Officers Training Academy (OTA). Generally, UPSC releases notification for the CDS examination in the months of November and August, and the examinations are conducted in February (CDS-1st) and November (CDS-2nd) respectively. A written examination is conducted to shortlist the candidates, shortlisted candidates have to go through an interview conducted by Staff Selection Board (SSB).
Combined Defence Services Examination (ll) 2017
The Union Public Service Commission has released the notification for the Combined Defence Services Exam (II) 2017, on 9th of August. Interested candidate can apply online by using the official website www.upsconline.nic.in on or before September 8, 2017 (Before 6:00 PM).
The C.D.S. Examination (II), 2017 will be held on 19th November 2017 (Sunday).
CDS Examination (I) 2018 : Exam Dates
|1.||Date of Notification||9th August, 2017|
|2.||Last Date for Receipt of Application||September 8, 2017|
|3.||C.D.S. Examination (II), 2017||November 19, 2017 (Sunday)|
UPSC CDS Exam (II) Vacancy Details
This year approximate no of vacancies in all the courses sums about 414. The detail of vacancies respective to the courses are given below :
|Sr. No.||Name of the Course||Approximate no. of Vacancies|
|1.||Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun 145th (DE) Course commencing in July 2018 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C Certificate (Army Wing) holders]||100|
|2.||Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala — Course commencing in July, 2018 Executive (General Service) [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)]||45|
|3.||Air Force Academy, Hyderabad — (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in August, 2018 i.e. No. 204 F(P) Course||32|
|4.||Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai — 108th SSC (NT) Course (for Men)commencing in October 2018 (including 50 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders to NCC Special Entry)||225|
|5.||Officers Training Academy, Chennai — 22nd SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October 2018||12|
UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam (II) 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: A candidate must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
- For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 1999 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 1999 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy— 20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2018 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 1998 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1992 and not later than 1st July, 1998) only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd July, 1993 and not later than 1st July, 1999 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.
NOTE 1 : Male divorcee/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried male for the purpose of their admission in IMA/INA/AFA courses and accordingly they are not eligible for these courses.
NOTE 2 : Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Educational Qualification For Combined Defence Service :
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy— Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering. Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB
Interview at the SSB.
NOTE : Candidates, who have yet to pass their degree examination will be eligible only if they are studying in the final year of degree examination. Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the final year Degree Examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them.
Physical Standards for UPSC 2017 CDS (II) Exam
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2017 as per guidelines given in Appendix-IV.
Application Fee for CDS (II) Exam 2017
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only)either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
How to Apply for CDS -II Exam 2017
Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.inDetailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the abovementionedwebsite.
The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc.
- Candidates are not required to submit along with their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding age, educational qualifications, SC/ST/OBC and fee remission etc.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. No admission certificate will be sent by post.
CDS 2017 Exam Centres
The Examination will be held at the following venues :
The Exam will be held at the following Centres: Agartala, Gangtok, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Patna, Aizawl, Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalore, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Chandigarh, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack, Kohima, Srinagar, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Dehradun, Lucknow, Delhi, Madurai, Tirupati, Dharwar, Mumbai, Udaipur, Dispur, Nagpur, Vishakhapatnam.
UPSC CDS (II) Examination 2017 Scheme
CDS Written examination
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy :
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Maths||2 Hours||100|
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy :
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
Standard And Syllabus of CDS 2017 Examination
The standard of the paper in maths section will be of Matriculation (10th) level. other subject papers standard will be approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.
English Syllabus for Combined Defence Service Examination
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words. Questions from Reading comprehension, Vocabulary (Antonym, Synonym, one-Words, Idioms And Phrases), Error Finding, Sentence Improvement and Cloze Tests may be asked.
General Knowledge Syllabus for Combined Defence Service Examination
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.
Elementary Maths Syllabus for Combined Defence Service Examination
Intelligence And Personality Test CDS (II) 2017
The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:-
(a) Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception* Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
(b) Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over days. The details of these tests are given on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Result of CDS (II) Written examination, 2017
The Union Public Service Commission shall prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission in their discretion. Candidates who are declared successful in the written exam will be detailed for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference by the respective service Head Quarters.
Aslo Searched : Defence Jobs, UPSC exams 2017, Indian Army Recruitment, Indian Air-Force Recruitment, Indian Navy recruitment, AIndian Naval Forces Recruitment, Exam Date of CDS (II) 2017, Exam Pattern of CDS examinations, Paper Scheme of CDS (II) 2017, Defence services recruitment, How to join Indian army as officers, exams after graduation to enter Indian Army, Combined Defence Services Examination (II) 2017, UPSC CDS 2017 Exam (II) Notification, UPSC CDS 2017 Exam (II) Application Form, Eligibility for CDS (II) Exam 2017, UPSC CDS (II) 2017 Eligibility Criteria, Online Application For Combined Defence Services, SSB interview Questions Asked, SSb Pattern