Current Affairs Quiz today, 15th September 2017 current affairs, Current Affairs quiz 15th September 2017, Top News Headline, Headlines of today’s Newspapers, Current General Knowledge Quiz Questions, Breaking News of the day, Today’s 15th September 2017 Current Affairs, Daily Current Affairs News, , Current Affairs September 2017, Daily Current Events & News, Latest Current Affairs 2017, Practice online GK Quiz, Current Affairs Quiz Question, Today GK Current Affairs 2017, September Current Affairs Quiz, Current Affairs today, Latest News India, Breaking news India, Headline today live, Live News of the day, Today’s news in English
Pick Your Topic
- 1 Daily Current Affairs & GK Updates 15th September 2017 | Current Affairs | GK Updates | Download Today Current Affairs GK Questions for 15th September 2017
- 2 Current Affairs and Updates of 15th September, 2017
- 2.1 International Day of Democracy: 15 September
- 2.2 Tata Sons Seeks Shareholders’ nod to Change Status to Pvt Ltd
- 2.3 ICICI Lombard IPO Opens: Brokerages Give Thumbs Up
- 2.4 JNU Entrance Exam 2018 Dates Released
- 2.5 September 15: Engineers Day, A Tribute to Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya
- 2.6 Mughal Were Plunderers, History Will be re-written : UP Deputy CM
- 2.7 India Launches ‘Operation Insaniyat’ to Help Bangladesh
- 2.8 Karnataka, 1st Indian State to Approve e-vehicle Policy
- 2.9 India Ranks 103 on Global Human Capital Index, Norway Tops
- 2.10 Corporate Affairs Ministry Signs MoU with CBDT
- 2.11 Japan, India to deal with North Korea jointly: Shinzo Abe
- 2.12 Shinzo Abe Gujarat Visit: Complete List of MoUs Signed
- 2.13 Paris Awarded 2024 Summer Olympics, Los Angeles Gets 2028
- 2.14 NSUI Returns to DUSU after 5 Years
- 2.15 India’s First Advanced Homoeopathy Virology Lab in Kolkata
- 2.16 Nawaz Sharif summoned in two more corruption cases
- 2.17 UN Appoints Peter Thomson as First UN Envoy For Oceans
- 2.18 Sachin Launches Mission 24 to help Poorest in Mumbai
Daily Current Affairs & GK Updates 15th September 2017 | Current Affairs | GK Updates | Download Today Current Affairs GK Questions for 15th September 2017
Current GK has the immense importance for the aspirants preparing for the various competitive exams. It is essential to keep updated yourself with current affajirs. And no book in the market covers all the day to day current affairs events. So, here we are with solution. Indiajobsdekho.com will provide you all the important events and news of the day.
We have the best collection of the Top 150+ GK Questions ,Current Affairs Quiz Question & Answers . You guys can also collect the Objective Questions, placement papers. We have also provided the online study materials for the upcoming competitive exams. Hence, be ready for the Upcoming Exams like IBPS, SBI, PSC, Civil Exams, PO, Clerk, Specialist Officer etc, SSC Exams, Railway Exams, UPSCJ, Medical, Police Defence Exam, RBI Exam, Upcoming IBPS Exam, SSC CHSL Exam, SSC CGL Exam. We keep updating our page on hourly basis, so keep visiting our page indiajobsdekho.com for all the daily current issue.
Here we have all the important updates for the 15th September 2017
Current Affairs and Updates of 15th September, 2017
International Day of Democracy: 15 September
The International Day of Democracy is observed across the world on 15 September. The theme for the year 2017 is ‘Democracy and Conflict prevention’.
This year’s theme focuses on the critical need to strengthen democratic institutions to promote peace and stability. It is organized by the United Nations.
Tata Sons Limited is looking to change its status from a public limited company to a private limited company. For this, Tata Sons has sought approval from its shareholders to amend its memorandum of association and article of association and article of association for the same.
The change in Tata Sons’ corporate structure will require to be cleared by a special resolution, needing at least 75% votes. Besides shareholders’ approval, the change in its status will also need an approval from the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT).
ICICI Lombard IPO Opens: Brokerages Give Thumbs Up
India will witness the first Initial Public Offering (IPO) by an insurer-ICICI Lombard General Insurance today. The subsidiary ofICICI Bank will offer up to 8,62,47,187 equity shares for subscription on 15th September, 2017.
“At this valuation the issue seems expensive considering a RoE of 17.2 percent for FY17, loss ratio of 80.6 percent and combined ratio of 104 percent compared to average of private peers as per RHP – 20.4 percent RoE, 76.3 percent loss ratio and 101.7 percent combined ratio,” the brokerage house said in its report.
JNU Entrance Exam 2018 Dates Released
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) announced on Yesterday the schedule for its entrance examination for the 2018-19 academic session. The university offers a total of 720 seats for M Phil/ PhD courses, 459 for BA programmes and 1,118 seats for MA, M.Sc, M.Tech and MPH courses.
The online registration for the entrance exam 2018 will begin from today September 15, 2017.
September 15: Engineers Day, A Tribute to Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya
Today, September 15 is celebrated across the India as Engineers Day among the engineering community. The day is celebrated every year as a remarkable tribute to th egreatest Indian Engineer Bharat Ratna Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya (Popular as Sir MV).
Sir MV is held in high regard as a pre-eminent engineer of India. He was responsible for the construction of the Krihan Raja Sagara dam in Mandya district and chief designer of the flood protection system of the city of Hyderabad.
Mughal Were Plunderers, History Will be re-written : UP Deputy CM
“The Mughal emperors were not our ancestors but cold-blooded looters and the Uttar Pradesh Government shall do its best to depict the truth in the text books”, said Dinesh Sharma, deputy CM of Uttar Pradesh.
The deputy chief minister, who holds the secondary and higher education portfolios, said “the Mughal rulers were not our ancestors but looters. We consider Mughal rulers who did wrong acts as looters. Those who have done good work, we praise. Babur and Aurangzeb were looters. We do not oppose Bahadur Shah Zafar as he extended support to Mangal Pandey.”
India Launches ‘Operation Insaniyat’ to Help Bangladesh
India has started ‘Operation Insaniyat’ to provided assistance to Bangladesh in response to the humanitarian crisis being faced on account of the large influx of Rohingya refugees into that country from Myanmar.
The first tranche of India’s relief aid for the Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh arrived and was handed over by the Indian envoy Harsh Vardhan Sringla to the General Secretary of ruling Awami League, Obaidul Quader.
The Ministry said, India has always responded readily and swiftly to any crisis in Bangladesh, in view of close ties of friendship between the people of India and Bangladesh.
Karnataka, 1st Indian State to Approve e-vehicle Policy
The Karnataka cabinet have given its nod to the ‘Electric vehicle and energy storage policy’ in the direction to encourage the production of vehicles that use non-fossil fuel to reduce pollution.
Karnataka, the first state to do so, will have incentives and tax concessions for those in the field research and development as well as setting up of production units in the southern state.
India Ranks 103 on Global Human Capital Index, Norway Tops
Global Human Capital Index, compiled by Geneva based World Economic Forum (WEF) takes into account “the knowledge and skills people possess that enable them to create value in the global economic system” to measure the ‘human capital’ rank of a country.
The list has been topped by Norway. India has been placed at a low 103 rank, the lowest among BRICS economies. India is ranked lower than its BRICS peers, with Russian Federation placed as high as 16th place, followed by China at 34th, Brazil at 77th and South Africa at 87th place. The report measures total 130 countries.
Corporate Affairs Ministry Signs MoU with CBDT
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs and Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) have signed a formal Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for data exchange on September 6, 2017.
The MoU aims at taking forward the efforts to curb the menance of shell companies, money laundering and black money in the country and prevent misuse of corporate structure by shell companies for various illegal purposes.
Japan, India to deal with North Korea jointly: Shinzo Abe
Japanes Prime Minister Shinzo Abe stated that, North Korea will have to roll back its missile and nuclear programmes. Japanese PM is on the two day visit of India.
“Japan and India will take firm steps against the challenges that have emanated from North Korea. We will force North Korea to roll back its recent aggressive moves. This is a message that I send out along with Prime Minister Modi,” said Mr Abe in Gandhinagar, Gujrat.
Shinzo Abe Gujarat Visit: Complete List of MoUs Signed
The Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is on the Two-Day visit to India. In his first move, he has inaugurated the first High-Speed Rail Project of India that will run between Mumbai to Ahmedabad. Here is the complete list of MoUs/Agreements signed during the visit of Prime Minister of Japan to India.
- MOC between the Ministry of Home Affairs of India and the Cabinet Office of Japan to co-operate and collaborate in the field of disaster risk reduction and to share the experiences, knowledge, and policies on disaster prevention.
- MoC in the field of Japanese Language Education in India between MEA and MOFA, Japan to strengthen bilateral relations and cooperation in the field of Japanese language education in India.
- India Japan Act East Forum to enhance connectivity and promote developmental projects in the North Eastern Region of India.
- Arrangement between India Post and Japan Post on Administrative Instruction for the Implementation of Cool EMS service.
- India-Japan Investment Promotion Road map between DIPP and METI to facilitate and accelerate the Japanese investments in India.
- MOC between METI and the State of Gujarat on ‘Japan-India special program for Make In India’ in Mandal Bechraj-Khoraj in Gujarat.
- Exchange of RoD on Civil Aviation Cooperation (Open Sky).
- Agreement for International joint exchange program between interdisciplinary theoretical and mathematical sciences program (iTHEMS), RIKEN and National Centres for Biological Sciences (Simons-NCBS).
- Joint Research Contract between National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science & Technology (AIST), Japan and Department of Biotechnology (DBT).
- MOU Between DBT and National Institute of Advanced Science & Technology (AIST) to promote research collaboration between DBT Research Institutes and AIST in the field of Life Science and Biotechnology.
- MoU on International Academic and Sports Exchange between Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education (LNIPE) and Nippon Sports Science University, Japan (NSSU).
- MoU on International Academic and Sports Exchange between Sports Authority of India and Nippon Sports Science University, Japan (NSSU).
- MoU between RIS and IDE-JETRO for promotion of Cooperation in Research Related Activities to promote institutional cooperation between RIS and IDE-JETRO.
Paris Awarded 2024 Summer Olympics, Los Angeles Gets 2028
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) officially awarded 2024 summer olympics to Paris and Los Angeles gets 2028 games.
Paris, which has hosted two previous Olympics, will stage the event 100 years after its last Games in 1924 while Los Angeles will also organise its third Games after 1932 and 1984. IOC President Thomas Bach embraced both cities’ mayors on stage after a unanimous show of hands by IOC members ratified the awards.
NSUI Returns to DUSU after 5 Years
The NSUI won the recent Delhi University Students’ Union (DUSU) elections. Rocky Tuseed won the post of president and kunal Sherawat of the NSUI becomes the vice-president.
The other two post of General secretary and joint secretary were won by ABVP’s Mahamedhaa Nagar and Uma Shankar respectively.
India’s First Advanced Homoeopathy Virology Lab in Kolkata
Shripad Yesso Naik, Union Minister of State for AYUSH, inaugurated India’s first State of art virology laboratory at Dr Anjali Chatterjee Regional Research Institute for Homoeopathy in Kolkata.
This laboratory has been established to develop new drugs and technologies in Homoeopathy to combat emerging challenges of viral diseases. The laboratory, established at a cost of Rs. 8 crore is the only one in India for conducting basic and fundamental research in Homoeopathy for viral diseases like influenza, Japanese encephalitis, dengue, chikungunya and swine flu.
Nawaz Sharif summoned in two more corruption cases
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) last week filed four cases against Pakistan’s ousted Nawaz Sharif, his family members and finance minister Ishaq Dar.
An Islamabad-based Accountability court summoned Nawaz Sharif and his children- Maryam, Hussain and Hassan and son-in-law Muhhamad Safdar to appear before it on September 19 in corruption charges Azizia Steel Mill, Hill Metal and Avenfield properties cases.
UN Appoints Peter Thomson as First UN Envoy For Oceans
The Secretary-General of UN Antonio Guterres has appointed the outgoing president of the General Assembly, Peter Thomson as the first special envoy for the oceans, seeking to galvanize efforts to protect the world’s seas.
Peter Thomson played a leading role at the first-ever U.N. conference on oceans. U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric announced Thompson’s appointment. The former ambassador for Fiji (Peter Thompson) will promote action to implement the conference recommendations. (Source – The United Nations)
Sachin Launches Mission 24 to help Poorest in Mumbai
Bharat Ratna Sachin Tendulkar launched Mission 24- a programme aimed at enhancing the quality of life in one of Mumbai’s poorest wards in next 24 months.
The Programme by NGO Apnalaya and Mumbai first with collaboration the BMC as the principal stakeholder to provide amenities like secondary schools and colleges, aanganwasis, maternity homes, health posts and dispensaries in the M-ward.
Also Searched : 15th September 2017 GK Questions, Current Affairs Quiz, Daily Current Events, Today’s 15th September 2017 Current Affairs, Daily Current Affairs News, Daily Current Events & News, Latest Current Affairs 2017, September Current Affairs Quiz, Current Affairs today, Current Affairs for Banking, SSC Exam Current Affairs, Current Affairs For UPSC Exam, Current Affairs For Govt Exams, IBPS Exam Current Affairs, Current Affairs For SBI, PSC Exam Current Affairs, Current Affairs For Civil Exams, Current Affairs Fir SSC Exams, Railway Exams Current Affairs, Current Affairs For Police Defence Exam, Current Affairs For RBI Exam. Sports News of the Day, Latest business news, Top Breaking and recent news of the day