Pick Your Topic
Karnataka Aarogya Bhagya Scheme to Provide Free Medical Assistance For Poor People
The Karnataka state government is going to inauguration a healthcare scheme that name is “Aarogya Bhagya Scheme” for providing free medical assistant to poor across the Karnataka state. in this scheme the government has fixed the target to cover around 14 million state familial as a part of universal health coverage (UHC) under the scheme.
The main stream of the scheme is to provide free healthcare services particularly to needy familial in the state. The targeted people under the “Aarogya Bhagya scheme” (ABS) mainly will be from socially and economically backward classes in the society and its a great turn from karnataka Government.
Objectives of Aarogya Bhagya Scheme [ABS]
The main purpose of the “Aarogya Bhagya health insurance” scheme is to provide healthcare facilities especially to households belonging to socially and backward classes economically . The scheme will provide free treatment facilities at all the Government hospitals across the state and selected empaneled Private healthcare Institutions and Hospitals.
IN Bengaluru, Aug 28 (UNI) move to ensure medical benefits to Backword class entire population of Karnataka, The State government has decided to merge various health schemes(Govt. and Pvt.) and launch unified “Arogya Bhagya” to cover all the 1.4 crore familial. The Universal Health Coverage (UHS) scheme would help the Card holder get treatment in all the employed private hospitals besides government hospitals to get treatment without paying any cash.its a free scheme of karnataka Govt .The main theme of the “Arogya Bhagya” scheme is ”Treatment First and Payment Next”.
According to the Law Minister T B Jayachandra said that the State Cabinet had been given Administrative sanction for the unified schemes and it will come to Effect from November 1st. The State Government will be spending Rs 867 crore in this scheme om the first
year. people have provide All the health facilities through Aadhaar linked Universal Health Card(UHC). For priority famlial that consists of 1.05 crore families there will be no need to make any contribution,” he said.
List of the schemes that are merged into this single scheme
- JananiShishu Suraksha Karyakram
- Rajiv Arogya Bhagya
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
- Jyothi Sanjivini
- Mukhyamantri Santhwana Harish Scheme
This scheme is include farmer teachers,households from aided schools, Anganwadi, Asha workers, mid-day meal workers,familial as per SECC, categories of unorganised labour like porters, rag pickers, Autorickshaw drivers, mining workers,, construction workers, weavers, street vendors, sanitation workers, MNREGA workers, SC/ST, pourakarmikas, media persons, animal bite victims members of cooperative societies and public servants.
Universal Health Card [UHC] Categories
The “Aarogya Bhagya Scheme” will provide benefit in two categories.
Category First A For 1.05 crore households
- Under this category the Government will give preference to households(Familial) and the treatment will be provided ‘free of cost’ no cost .
- The list of the households included under category A as follows
- Farmer households,
- Teachers from aided schools,
- Anganwadi, ASHA, Skilled person workers
- Other deprived households as per Sociol Economic caste census,
- Unorganised Labour like Auto drivers, Porters, Rag pickers,
- Mining workers, Street vendors, Construction workers,
- MNREGA workers,weavers, sanitation workers etc
- All SC / ST persons, animal bite victims,pourakarmikas,
- media persons, members of co-operative societies and public servants.
Category Second B For Lakh households
- Under this category households will be enrolled under this scheme and will pay Rs 300 in Rural areas and Rs. 700 in Urban areas.
- An annual premium on the card will be charged for Category B beneficiaries in this category.
For more details and information :- Click Here