UGC NET 2017 Notification | UGC NET 2017 Application Form | UGC NET 2017 Exam Dates | Eligibility Criteria of UGC NET 2017 | Exam Pattern of UGC NET 2017
The UGC ( University Grant Commission ) has released a detailed notification for the NET (National Eligibility Test) 2017 on Saturday, August 11th. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct UGC NET, 2017. According to the notification the exam forms will be available from 4th of august, candidates have to register online to appear in this exam. Last date of online registration is September 11th, examination is scheduled in month of November 2017.
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct the examination for Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for assistant professor on first Sunday of November i.e. 5th of November 2017. Candidates can read the full notification on CBSE website i.e. http://cbse.nic.in/
Quick Summary About CBSE UGC NET 2017:
|Availability of CBSE NET Notification will be on||4th of August 2017|
|Starting of Online Registration Form||11th of August 2017|
|Due Date to submit the application form||11th of September 2017|
|Due date for fee submission||12th of September 2017|
|Corrections of application form||Will be updated shortly|
|Availability of a Hall Ticket||Will be updated shortly|
|Date of Examination||5th of November 2017|
UGC NET 2017 NOtification Released on : 4th of August 2017
Online Registration Start : 11th of August 2017
Last Date of Online Registration : 12th of September 2017
Last Date for Payment of Fee : 12th of September 2017
UGC NET 2017 Exam Date : 5th of November 2017
UGC NET has made some changes from this year. The exam was taken twice before this year in month of July and December every year. But the commission has decided to conduct UGC NET once in a year from 2017 in month of November. UGC has faced allegation to cut down the july session of this examination and reduce the frequency of exam, that is opposed by some student bodies and aspirants. Several aspirants and student bodies protest in front of UGC head office in Delhi, demanding to release the july session of UGC NET 2017 Notification.
The CBSE has undergone to this change is due to CBSE’s request not to be the conducting body as it also conducting IIT JEE main and NEET. The request was denied and confirmed that CBSE will conduct the UGC NET 2017.
Application Fee for UGC NET 2017:
|General Category||Rs. 600/-|
|OBC Category||Rs. 300/-|
|SC /ST /PWD Category||Rs. 150/-|
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared or appearing in final year of Master Degree or waiting for result are eligible for UGC NET 2017. However, such candidates considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree exam OR equivalent with at least 55% marks(50% marks in case of OBC(Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD(persons with disability) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their Master Degree examination within 2 years, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
Junior Research Fellowship : Candidates must not cross age of 28 years on 01-01-2017. 5 years Age Relaxation has provided to OBC(Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD(persons with disability) category candidates.
Assistant Professor : There is no upper Age limit for Applying for Eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Top 15% of those candidates who obtained the minimum required marks in paper-I, paper-II & paper-III according to the category of the candidates in there respective subject.
Steps to Apply for CBSE UGC NET 2017:
- To apply fir the CBSE UGC NET candidate will go to the official website of UGC NET that is cbsenet.nic.in
- Search the link of Online application form.
- Now candidate have to fill the mandatory details in an application form
- Submit your application form
- Print it for the future reference.
CBSE UGC NET Important Points 2017:
- UGC NET is refereed as an eligibility test for the assistant professor vacancy in colleges as well as Universities in India. For achievement of Junior Research Fellowship it is referred as the qualifying examination.
- A five years relaxations will be given to the competitors who have inquire about experience in the recommended subject of their postgraduate degree. 3 years relaxations will be given to the LLM degree holders.
- After the submission of an application form alterations will be permited in some particulars .
- Along with the Hall Ticket you need to brought one Identity proof during the examination .
- Good news for the applicants because there will be no negative marking scheme in CBSE UGC NET 2017.
- An applicant can pay the application fee via credit card/ debit card or e-challan.
- Applicant must hold minimum master’s degree from an identical institution to be eligible for UGC NET Test 2017.
- Applicants can achieved their post graduation in public administration will appear for net exam for the political science subject.