Pick Your Topic
- 1 All About UPSC Examination | UPSC Online Recruitment Process | UPSC Eligibility Criteria | Education Qualification For UPSC Examination | No. of Attempts in Civil Services (IAS) Examination | Civil Services Examination (India)
All About UPSC Examination | UPSC Online Recruitment Process | UPSC Eligibility Criteria | Education Qualification For UPSC Examination | No. of Attempts in Civil Services (IAS) Examination | Civil Services Examination (India)
Union Public Service Commission
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is country’s central recruiting agency. UPSC is responsible for conducting examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. Government also consult to UPSC in matters relating to the appointment, Transfer, promotion and disciplinary matters. The commission report directly to the President of India and can advice the government through President.
Headquarter of UPSC is at Dholpur House in New Delhi and function through its own secretariat. Professor David R. Syiemlieh is UPSC’s current chairman.
UPSC Civil Services (IAS & IFS)
UPSC will release the notification for the India most prestigious exams for the recruitment of civil services on February 7, 2018. Through the Civil Services examination candidates are recruited in services like Indian Administrative Services (IAS), India Police Services (IPS), Indian Foreign Services (IFS), Group A, Group B and other important services. All the details regarding UPSC Civil Services notification, registration, application form, exam date, fee, eligibility criteria, age limit and other details are given below.
List of civil Services
Civil services exam is conducted to recruit in the numerous services under different categories. Services are allotted as per the final merit of the Civil Services Exam. The list of different services/posts through the UPSC Civil Services are given below:
Group ‘A’ Services
- Indian Postal Service
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise)
- Indian Defense Accounts Services
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Revenue Services (IT)
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade)
- Indian Railway Traffic Service
- Indian Defence Estates Service
- Indian Railway Accounts Service
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force
- Indian Railway Personnel Service
- Indian Trade Service
- Indian Corporate Law Service
Group ‘B’ Services
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service
- Armed Forces Headquarter civil service
- Pondicherry Police Services
- Pondicherry Civil Services
Eligibility Criteria for Civil Services (IAS & IFS)
In order to apply for the Civil Services examination (IAS & IFS) a candidate must fulfill the given requirements :
Eligibility for UPSC Civil services
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Educational Qualification For UPSC Civil Services
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Age Limit for UPSC Civil Services
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years. The upper age limit is relaxable in some cases given below :
- upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes.
- upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st December, 1989.
- upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
- upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen
- upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped persons.
Number of Attempts for UPSC Civil Serives
|Sr No.||Category||No. of Attempts|
Physical Standards for UPSc Civil Services
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination as per guidelines published in the Gazette of India.
Selction Procedure for UPSC Civil Services (IAS)
First of all UPSC conducts a common Preliminary exam for both IAS & IFS. Preliminary exam of civil services is just of qualifying nature. Aspirants qualified in prelim exam are eligible for Main Examinations that of descriptive in nature. Main exam continues for 5 days for IAS aspirants and 10 days for IFS aspirants. A candidate can choose both at the time of filling application form.
Successful candidates in Main Examination will be called for a Personal Interview. Only Main exam and Interview marks will be considered for final selection.
- Stage-1 : Preliminary Exam (Objective type questions -100 Marks)
- Stage-2: Main Exam (Descriptive Type)
- Stage-3: Personal Interview
Also Searched : UPSC Civil Services 2018 Examination Notification, UPSC IAS Exam 2018 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria UPSC Civil Services 2018, Age Limit For Civil Services, No. of Attempts in Civil Services (IAS) Examination, Civil services 2018 result, Civil services IAS Cutoff, IAS exam 2018 result, IAS exam 2018 Notification, IAS 2018 Eligibility criteria, number of attempts in Civil services, Age relaxation in UPSC civil services, Age Limit for IAS exam, Educational qualification for Civil Services Exam, UPSC Civil Services Examination (IAS) 2018 Result, UPSC Civil Services Examination (IAS) Admit Card 2018, exam pattern of civil services 2018, UPSC civil services exam scheme, All About UPSC Examination, UPSC Online Recruitment Process, UPSC Eligibility Criteria, Education Qualification For UPSC Examination, No. of Attempts in Civil Services (IAS) Examination, Civil Services Examination (India)